دانلود رایگان کتاب زیست شناسی سولومون ویرایش نهم
Biology 9th Edition by Eldra Solomon, Linda Berg, Diana W. Martin
تعداد صفحات : 1411
نویسندگان : Eldra Solomon, Linda Berg, Diana W. Martin
ویرایش : نهم (سال 2010)
زبان : انگلیسی
Solomon/Berg/Martin, BIOLOGY — often described as the best majors text for LEARNING biology — is also a complete teaching program. The superbly integrated, inquiry-based learning system guides students through every chapter. Key concepts appear clearly at the beginning of each chapter and learning objectives start each section. Students then review the key points at the end of each section before moving on to the next one. At the end of the chapter, a specially focused Summary provides further reinforcement of the learning objectives. The ninth edition offers expanded integration of the text’s three guiding themes of biology (evolution, information transfer, and energy for life) and innovative online and multimedia resources for students and instructors
Table of Contents
Part I: THE ORGANIZATION OF LIFE.
1. A View of Life.
2. Atoms and Molecules: The Chemical Basis of Life.
3. The Chemistry of Life: Organic Compounds.
4. Organization of the Cell.
5. Biological Membranes.
6. Cell Communication.
Part II: ENERGY TRANSFER THROUGH LIVING SYSTEMS.
7. Energy and Metabolism.
8. How Cells Make ATP: Energy-Releasing Pathways.
9. Photosynthesis: Capturing Energy.
Part III: THE CONTINUITY OF LIFE: GENETICS.
10. Chromosomes, Mitosis, and Meiosis.
11. The Basic Principles of Heredity.
12. DNA: The Carrier of Genetic Information.
13. Gene Expression.
14. Gene Regulation.
15. DNA Technology and Genomics.
16. Human Genetics and the Human Genome.
17. Developmental Genetics.
Part IV: THE CONTINUITY OF LIFE: EVOLUTION.
18. Introduction to Darwinian Evolution.
19. Evolutionary Change in Populations.
20. Speciation and Macroevolution.
21. The Origin and Evolutionary History of Life.
22. The Evolution of Primates.
Part V: THE DIVERSITY OF LIFE.
23. Understanding Diversity: Systematics.
25. Bacteria and Archaea.
26. The Protists.
27. The Plant Kingdom: Seedless Plants.
28. The Plant Kingdom: Seed Plants.
29. Kingdom Fungi.
30. The Animal Kingdom: An Introduction to Animal Diversity.
31. The Animal Kingdom: The Protostomes.
32. The Animal Kingdom: The Deuterostomes.
Part VI: STRUCTURE AND LIFE PROCESSES IN PLANTS.
33. Plant Structure, Growth, and Differentiation.
34. Leaf Structure and Function.
35. Stems and Transport.
36. Roots and Mineral Nutrition.
37. Reproduction in Flowering Plants.
38. Growth Responses and Regulation Growth.
Part VII: STRUCTURE AND LIFE PROCESSES IN ANIMALS.
39. The Animal Body: An Introduction to Structure and Function.
40. Protection, Support, and Movement.
41. Neural Signaling.
42. Neural Regulation.
43. Sensory Systems.
44. Internal Transport.
45. Internal Defense.
46. Gas Exchange.
47. Processing Food and Nutrition.
48. Osmoregulation and Disposal of Metabolic Wastes.
49. Endocrine Regulation.
51. Animal Development.
Part VIII: THE INTERACTIONS OF LIFE: ECOLOGY.
52. Animal Behavior.
53. Introduction to Ecology: Population Ecology.
54. Community Ecology.
55. Ecosystems and the Biosphere.
56. Ecology and the Geography of Life.
57. Conservation Biology.
Appendix A: Periodic Table of the Elements.
Appendix B: Classification of Organisms.
Appendix C: Understanding Biological Terms.
Appendix D: Abbreviations.
Appendix E: Answers to the Test Your Understanding Questions.